Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help with mic selection  (Read 1924 times)

Offline treehugger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
help with mic selection
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
i had all of my gear destroyed in a house fire and now i'm looking to replace some of it. i don't have a ton of money - never did, but really don't now!
i liked the mics i had; they were small and affordable and i may get them again, but wanted to see what else people might suggest.  i had:
sp-cmc8 (AT943) with hypercaps --> Battery box--> JB3

i'm thinking of getting an Edirol 09.  if i got the same mics, what else would i need?

any suggestions appreciated!

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: help with mic selection
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »
i had all of my gear destroyed in a house fire and now i'm looking to replace some of it. i don't have a ton of money - never did, but really don't now!
i liked the mics i had; they were small and affordable and i may get them again, but wanted to see what else people might suggest.  i had:
sp-cmc8 (AT943) with hypercaps --> Battery box--> JB3

i'm thinking of getting an Edirol 09.  if i got the same mics, what else would i need?

any suggestions appreciated!

I would be more then happy to cut you a good deal on some gear. I am sorry to hear about your fire. I have friends that have lost everything as well. I know how devastating it can be.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »
Mics > Church Audio ST-9100 pre > R-09

Soundpros has a deal on the R-09 now. See the retail thread for that and the ST-9100.

I've pulled some very nice recordings with AT943 (cards) > ST-9100 > R-09. I need to get the hypers you had.

Sorry about the fire loss. Was there any insurance to cover some/all of your loss?
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline treehugger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
Mics > Church Audio ST-9100 pre > R-09

Soundpros has a deal on the R-09 now. See the retail thread for that and the ST-9100.

I've pulled some very nice recordings with AT943 (cards) > ST-9100 > R-09. I need to get the hypers you had.

Sorry about the fire loss. Was there any insurance to cover some/all of your loss?

thanks, i'll check it out. 
we lost the whole house...and my car, but the car insurance stepped up and i'm driving again.  house insurance should cover a lot of stuff, but with depreciation and such.  i had 2 recording rigs and a bunch of cameras/camcorders.  i'm hoping to recover the cost of half of it at least...and i'm anxious to start recording again.  take my mind off of the house!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com