Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best recording storage bags???  (Read 5778 times)

Offline orechall

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: best recording storage bags???
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »
yeah the storage space when you unzip the walls sealed the deal for me...its amazing how much stuff you can fit in there.
DPA 4023's & 4028's->Lunatec V2 /Lunatec ACM V3/Sonosax SX-M2/AETA PSP-3(x2)

Hi-Ho Silver Cables and Interconnects

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 06:34:48 AM »
yeah the storage space when you unzip the walls sealed the deal for me...its amazing how much stuff you can fit in there.

Yep, like two flasks of brown liquor!
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »

Tim they do look like I have $1000's of dollars in them ... And I do ROFL ;-)  It really protects them and I have to re build cables like never where I used to have to before LOL...

my point was that a mountain smith bag isn't as big a temptation for thieves.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline aegert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »
$15 Walmart / Rapala fishing tackle bag, and a $5 Target rack.
Its four years old now, at least, and still looks new.. It gets a serious workout

Moke.. Did you record at the gathering of the vibes with 414's?... If so it was nice to meet you...

A ;D
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

The bus came by and I got on....

Offline digitalcandy926

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 10:16:56 PM »
I ended up being innovative and using a patagonia smaller size back pack, with many numerous side pockets.  The bag is at a local leather-smith right now  having holes with rivets put on the inside layer of fabric, big enough to fit my mic cables through.  Perfect size and a place for everything.  Also made a mic case with some nice plush, thick foam and a plastic container.  I'll post a pic once I get the bag back.  Thanks for the suggestions anyways. 

Offline batchain

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »
After making do with various camera bags for years I'm considering a Petrol bag. Any advice on what would be the best Petrol for a [SP C4 - UA5 - DVD battery - SVU2 - Juice Box - MT2] setup? I'm thinking the PEGZ-2 or a PEGZ-1 may work best.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:55:50 AM by batchain »
Primary: Peluso CEMC6/CK-4/CK-21 > Fostex FR2-LE or Tascam DR-680
Secondary: Edirol R09-HR

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com