Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R09HR  (Read 103752 times)

Offline blacky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Edirol R09HR
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2008, 06:54:55 PM »
All I can say is that I ordered mine a few weeks ago.
They were supposed to call me when it came in.
A little bird told me to go in and see them, and when I did, my HR was waiting for me.
I dealt with Long and McQuade in Burlington, ont.  (A chain)
I believe that Hamilton (?) Video has them.
Now whether they are for open sale or to fill orders - I know not.  Sales people are very tightlipped >>> don't ask me why.
Thats all I can tell you.
Sorry.

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2008, 07:53:54 PM »
All I can say is that I ordered mine a few weeks ago.
They were supposed to call me when it came in.
A little bird told me to go in and see them, and when I did, my HR was waiting for me.
I dealt with Long and McQuade in Burlington, ont.  (A chain)
I believe that Hamilton (?) Video has them.
Now whether they are for open sale or to fill orders - I know not.  Sales people are very tightlipped >>> don't ask me why.
Thats all I can tell you.
Sorry.

Thanks a lot, friend ;)
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline Sunday Driver

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2008, 12:42:42 AM »
Edirol has pushed back to mid June now

Argh, this is becoming a lottery. I have a show to tape on June 20th, and one day it seems like it will get here in time...the next day not so much. The guy at Full Compass said May 27th when I first ordered, but I knew he was way off.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:44:32 AM by Sunday Driver »
You either record it or it's gone forever.
My Tapes

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2008, 01:07:41 PM »
Edirol has pushed back to mid June now

Full Compass told me just a few days ago that they would receive their first shipment the first week of June...  I wonder if that has changed now?

I'd love to know if they reinforced the input jacks and the type of epoxy used (if any).  Has anyone spoken with the company about this or have any of the folks that actually have a unit now opened one of them up?

:hmmm:

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2008, 01:35:31 PM »
I'd love to know if they reinforced the input jacks and the type of epoxy used (if any).  Has anyone spoken with the company about this or have any of the folks that actually have a unit now opened one of them up?

See:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,103524.0.html

Asked and answered  :D
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Team Houston
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »

See:

The input jack issue was only a problem for a limited number of units in the first run.  I don't know why people keep making a big deal about it, because the units since that run have been rock solid.  I have 50+ stealth shows on my unit now with no issue.

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »

See:

The input jack issue was only a problem for a limited number of units in the first run.  I don't know why people keep making a big deal about it, because the units since that run have been rock solid.  I have 50+ stealth shows on my unit now with no issue.

Super!!!  I did not know that - I do not have a R-09, but I will have a R-09HR!

Thank you.

+T to you gentlemen!!

:)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »

My R-09 wasn't from the first run, and I too had 50+ shows without issue... Then out of no where the line-in jack disconnected from the PCB.

IMO their fix of adding a drop or two of glue was/is hardly an adequate fix. It is simply a poor design.
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »

My R-09 wasn't from the first run, and I too had 50+ shows without issue... Then out of no where the line-in jack disconnected from the PCB.

IMO their fix of adding a drop or two of glue was/is hardly an adequate fix. It is simply a poor design.

If you can post the serial number, it would be possible to identify its age. 

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »

If you can post the serial number, it would be possible to identify its age. 

Ser #  BU91186

The jacks in this unit had the white silicone / glue between them and the PCB.
This glue was Edirol's fix for the problem on all the newer units. While better it still is weak. The input jacks should have been fastened by posts going through the board, like the headphone jack is. ::)

Edit to add:  Don't get me wrong, I love the R09, it just sucks to pay that kind of cash for something and have break because of a poor design that probably saved them a few cents per unit in manufacturing.

I really hope the R09HR has the problem fixed.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:01:55 PM by Jaledu »
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2008, 06:21:18 PM »
Yeah - BU is pretty new.  My AU has been rock solid.

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »
Yeah - BU is pretty new.  My AU has been rock solid.

Mine is # BV06374. I bought it like 1 1/2 years ago. Almost 40 shows. No problem at all so far (knock-knock-knock)  ;)
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »
I have ZU64366. Is that a first run or later?

The last time I used it for a board patch, I had to wiggle the line-in to get both channels to work.  I have to open mine and use epoxy.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2008, 08:43:07 AM »
Just so that inquisitive folks will see this and NOT ask redundant questions like I did...    ;)

Information from Roland posted in the "Retail Section" concerning the R-09 & the potential R-09HR input jack stability problem:

I wonder if the issue with the input jacks has been fixed ??? The end of July I'll have had mine a year and they're still holding up. rWc3523

I am wondering the same. Folks that have them have not opened them up and took photos of the guts for us.

Hi everyone, I emailed Roland awhile back with the same question and this is what customer support told me:

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.
The following information applies to Roland / BOSS / Edirol products sold in the U.S. only.

To: su6oxone@gmail.com
RE: Support Request #26094
Product: R-09HR
Subject: R-09HR -- no more input jack worries (like the R-09)?

Question: Hi,

Have another question about the R-09HR.  The R-09 had a lot of problems with the line-in/mic jacks becoming disconnected from the circuit board and a lot of people had to send those in for repairs or solder them on themselves.  Two questions:

1. Has the input jack problem been addressed for the more recently manufactured R-09s (the problem seemed to mostly affect 2006-made R-09s)?

2. And has it been addressed for the new R-09HRs (e.g. more solid connections w/epoxy, etc.)?

Thank you!

Sub,

Answers to your questions can be found below:

1. Yes. The R-09s now contain reinforcement for the input jack's connection to the internal circuit board--this has solved previous input jack problems.

2. Yes. The R-09HRs contain strong input jack reinforcement for sturdy connectivity.
[/
b]

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:48:39 AM by dactylus »

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2008, 09:40:59 PM »
Pardon me if I'm asking something that's already been asked, but has anyone actually used the HR yet? Are the electronics/mikes/etc. any better? Is there less hiss?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com