Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)  (Read 23367 times)

Offline ol' dirty taper

• (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
Re: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2020, 07:36:03 PM »
Go for the A10, the bluetooth functionality is worth it alone.
Mic : Beyerdynamic MC930 SS | Naiant X-X Omni Pair | Beyerdynamic TG L34C Pair | AT831s Pair (CA - HI SPL mod)
Deck : Sound Devices MixPre 6 | Sony PCM-A10
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket 3
Play : Beyerdynamic DT990

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2020, 08:31:13 PM »
Does anyone remember dubbing a cassette or two in real time?

I sure do.  And I also remember how cool it was when I got a double-cassette player that had high-speed copying so you could dub tapes at 2x speed.

Mics: CA-11 (omnis and cards), AT853 cards, DPA 4060 omnis, Schoeps MK41s
Pre-amps: CA-UGLY II & CA-9100; BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox + Actives for the MK41s
Decks: Edirol R-07 & Edirol R-09HR

Video: Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K) & Sony DSC HX50V (HD)
Photo: Canon EOS 60D

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 (build 453) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline morst

• (2)
  • Merrick Garland *was* a compromise, and just look.
    • #twitterSUCKS
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2020, 11:40:59 AM »
I remember paying for Circuit City's service contract and getting replacement dubbing decks every third time they needed speed adjustment, since they had a policy not to make the same repair three times on the same deck.

Step 1: Purchase new dubbing deck and warranty
Step 2: Take new deck to Service depot for precise speed adjustment and set record bias to my favorite tape type for recording.
Step 3: use deck until speed is not precise
Step 4: Take deck in for adjustment and calibration
Step 5: See step 3
Step 6: Take deck in for full exchange credit and pay a few dollars for a slightly nicer dubbing deck and pro-rated full 3 year warranty.
Step 7: give away all high speed duplicated cassettes when I moved a few years ago
if you are able to vote, and have not yet voted, please VOTE!

Online nulldogmas

• (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
Go for the A10, the bluetooth functionality is worth it alone.

This. I love my M10s, especially for their insane battery life, but being able to check levels via your phone is a game changer.

Offline checht

• (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Old and in the Way
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2020, 12:12:06 AM »

Back in the day, this band I liked played very frequently, many times at venues around the Bay Area. Before a set of shows, 4 or 5 friends would drop their cassette decks and a box of tapes with me. Each night I'd get home in SF 12-1, unpack my D-5M, and put it on top of a tower of decks that were daisy chained together. Loaded them all with blanks and put them in record/pause. I could unpause 4 at a time, then unpause my D-5M for playback plus any other recording decks. Would usually get at least first tape dubbed before sleeping then wake up and finish.

Friends all committed to make at least 5 copies for others in the tree, so we could get shows circulating without a whole lot of muss/fuss. I was running km84i's and that was somewhat unusual, so there was interest in the recordings.

Beta decks were more expensive, so we only had 2 SL-2000's at our house in Oakland, making offsite backup sharing a bit slower.

Mostly used Panasonic home DATs and Sony portables. No flips made it easier, but the thrill was going.

Now I seed torrents and have a dropbox archive for file sharing, and clone and mail hard drives full of shows. Very efficient, but somehow less satisfying for this dinosaur.
Schoeps MK41s > nbob KCY >
Naiant PFA 60v > Sound Devices MP-6  or  Naiant IPA > Roland R-07

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2020, 07:48:44 PM »

Back in the day, this band I liked played very frequently, many times at venues around the Bay Area. Before a set of shows, 4 or 5 friends would drop their cassette decks and a box of tapes with me. Each night I'd get home in SF 12-1, unpack my D-5M, and put it on top of a tower of decks that were daisy chained together. Loaded them all with blanks and put them in record/pause. I could unpause 4 at a time, then unpause my D-5M for playback plus any other recording decks. Would usually get at least first tape dubbed before sleeping then wake up and finish.

Friends all committed to make at least 5 copies for others in the tree, so we could get shows circulating without a whole lot of muss/fuss. I was running km84i's and that was somewhat unusual, so there was interest in the recordings.

Beta decks were more expensive, so we only had 2 SL-2000's at our house in Oakland, making offsite backup sharing a bit slower.

Mostly used Panasonic home DATs and Sony portables. No flips made it easier, but the thrill was going.

Now I seed torrents and have a dropbox archive for file sharing, and clone and mail hard drives full of shows. Very efficient, but somehow less satisfying for this dinosaur.

I remember that house in Oakland.   :bigsmile:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2020 Taperssection.com