Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**  (Read 85944 times)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2005, 03:01:10 PM »
Yeah, I thought that may be the case too.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2005, 03:05:58 PM »
Maybe M-Audio's having problems integrating shoddy 7-pins into their units. :-X

Offline desertsky

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2005, 03:12:14 PM »
On a serious note, I think Len is just trying to squeeze one more month of life cycle out of his own product.   He obviously must have a core group of customers that have been with him for awhile so this comes as no suprise. 

What did you end up paying at djaudio?  Did it include free shipping?  Website?   I keep updating page one of this thread with vendors and info.

I messed up on the vendor name.  It's DJMart, not DJAudio.  The URL is www.djmart.com    The Microtrack is $399.99, but with the "AUGUST10" coupon code it's $360.00 with no sales tax unless you live in CA.  The shipping was $8.00 for UPS 2Day.
DPA 4061's, MMA6000 pre, Korg-MR2

kskreider

« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2005, 03:14:45 PM »
oh brother without cellphone. two dinosaurs roam this forum!
+ to ya for being a holdout!

I held out until a day in August two years ago when I was stuck in the middle of a city with 8 million other people without electricity.  The friggin' airplane I was on was diverted to the wrong airport and I was still a 4+ hour from home.  NO hotels, no trains, no buses, no way to call home and in less than 12 hours I had to be at work.  (Which was in the hazardous materials field)  I'll tell you that was the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back". 

kskreider

« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2005, 03:15:23 PM »
Here are some 2GB Kingston CF cards for $106 - $20 Rebate...good until 8-31-05

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA20998

Edit:

4GB Kingston for $212 - $20

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA20999

Edit 2:

FWIW...I spoke with audiomidi.com where I got mine and they said a late August/early September delivery is still expected.

So a 2GB for $86? or is it $106AR?

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2005, 03:28:38 PM »
If anyone cares to go the microdrive route, you can get a new 6gb microdrive on dEbay for 100$. It'll hold 3hours of a 24/96 recording.
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2005, 03:53:13 PM »
I held out until a day in August two years ago when I was stuck in the middle of a city with 8 million other people without electricity.  The friggin' airplane I was on was diverted to the wrong airport and I was still a 4+ hour from home.  NO hotels, no trains, no buses, no way to call home and in less than 12 hours I had to be at work.  (Which was in the hazardous materials field)  I'll tell you that was the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back".

Except if the power outage is bad (as it sounds like this one was), the cell tower could go down as well and then it doesn't matter at all. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2005, 04:01:20 PM »

Edit:

Edit 2:

FWIW...I spoke with audiomidi.com where I got mine and they said a late August/early September delivery is still expected.

$86 + shipping. Not an instant rebate though.

Also, I just called audiomidi.com and they are matching the www.djmart.com price...already tax free and free shipping!

Joe at audiomidi couldn't match the djaudio.com price, however he knocked off 5% to $379.50 with free shipping. He related both audiomidi and djaudio.com had the same rep, but audiomidi.com would have theirs before djaudio.com's. Take it FWIW. Talk to Joe if interested this special.

The cheapest microdrive I found on ebay has been $200+....where are the $100 ones?

Edit:

nm. I see 'em.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:16:44 PM by martin »
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

Edit:

Edit 2:

$86 + shipping. Not an instant rebate though.

Also, I just called audiomidi.com and they are matching the www.djmart.com price...already tax free and free shipping!

The cheapest microdrive I found on ebay has been $200+....where are the $100 ones?

Edit:

nm. I see 'em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HITACHI-6GB-MICRODRIVE-NEW-COMPACT-FLASH-CARD_W0QQitemZ7540531819QQcategoryZ50519QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2005, 04:14:09 PM »
Except if the power outage is bad (as it sounds like this one was), the cell tower could go down as well and then it doesn't matter at all. ;)

A lot of cell towers in my area have generator back-up.  Might have something to do with hurricanes, not sure though.

Trying to resist pre-ordering; this is tough.

Ray76

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2005, 04:44:50 PM »

A lot of cell towers in my area have generator back-up.  Might have something to do with hurricanes, not sure though.

Trying to resist pre-ordering; this is tough.

thats a dilemma. I would if I was getting one, as I know how much of a PITA it can be to wait. I had to wait like 4 months for my 722 I think. There will be much longer lines for this thing.

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »
There will be much longer lines for this thing.

i don't think so.  frank has stated that his opening order is larger than his potential list.  and SS has picked up m-audio as well.  we were told the original shipment to the us is to be quite large.
we all live downstream.

Ray76

« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2005, 10:22:54 AM »

i don't think so.  frank has stated that his opening order is larger than his potential list.  and SS has picked up m-audio as well.  we were told the original shipment to the us is to be quite large.

that is good news John.

Offline greenone

• Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2005, 10:52:17 AM »

i don't think so. frank has stated that his opening order is larger than his potential list. and SS has picked up m-audio as well. we were told the original shipment to the us is to be quite large.
So you're both right. The lines will be longer, but just move more quickly. ;)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline rdvdijk

• Taperssection Regular
    • Rust Radio
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2005, 11:10:43 AM »
If anyone cares to go the microdrive route, you can get a new 6gb microdrive on dEbay for 100$. It'll hold 3hours of a 24/96 recording.
dB-

I think we're missing a few pieces of this puzzle. I've followed the PenComputingAudio group a bit, (that's the PDAudio group, Len is there, and Gordon the programmer) and there seems to be a big compatibility problem with high-speed CF cards. They (Gordon+Len) now say that PDAs do not support those 'high speed' CF cards, because the operating system does not implement those bursting algorithms. Some of those fast cards can't support writing the continuous stream of audio data coming from the PDA. There's a list now of what cards should work and which do not.

So:

1. Does the Microtrack support these fast cards properly, or should we be wary of what cards we put in? (note: it doesn't need the high speeds since 24/96 isn't that much data per second)
2. and also: Can the Microtrack record continuously until the CF card is full? If you put in a 8GB card, will it fill it all up, and never miss a bit? (and: should we pre-format and allocate (!) the cards as with the PDAudio?)
3. Will it support hot-swapping of CF cards? I guess it won't, but it would be a cool feature (something that is supposed to work with PDAudio..).

We'll see.. M-Audio has some awesome products, I got a feeling this will be another one.

Roel
"Obviously Doing Well.."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com