Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**  (Read 86006 times)

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2005, 11:24:17 AM »
I know of point number two is that one fille can not be more than 2GB in size but, they did not tell me that you can not use more that 2GB to record on.
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline rdvdijk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Rust Radio
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2005, 12:43:04 PM »
I know of point number two is that one fille can not be more than 2GB in size but, they did not tell me that you can not use more that 2GB to record on.

That's correct. I expect (or hope) that the device will record to 2GB and then start a new file, while not missing a bit of data. 2GB of data will hold 60 minutes of 24/96 audio..

Roel
"Obviously Doing Well.."

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2005, 12:44:21 PM »
they've pretty much said they'll be releasing firmware to fix the 2gb size limit - either before or after its released.  they've also said that it doesn't matter what card you throw in there, it should work just fine.

the microtracker isn't pdaudio, ones from m-audio, the other is from core-sounds.  *shrug* take it for what it is i guess.  but something tells me the quality control at an international company like m-auio is better than a privately run core-sounds.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

cmoorevt

« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2005, 04:25:45 PM »
just posted this in the retail area, but it doesn't hurt to have it here as well.

from hot-deals.org

Dell Home - 4GB Compact Flash memory card for $167 after rebate
Click the above link to find a Kingston 4GB Compact Flash memory card for $276 before automatic discount. Apply coupon code 1BJH3HL3JS799P to get 20% off, and apply coupon code 5?KHKMQ4XTGQ4$ to get $20 off, making it $187 with free shipping. A $20 mail-in rebate is available on Dell.com. Most stores sell it for around $245 shipped.

Here is the link to the card at the dell site:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A0448320&c=us&l=en&cs=19&category_id=2999

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2005, 05:59:50 PM »
Cool deal.. I was very tempted but I'm going to wait after reading this.. Of course I also read that Apple is buying around 40% of samsung's flash production for ipods. That could drive prices up  :-\

Corsair is coming out with 2, 4 and 6GB 133X cards in a couple weeks for about this price, this is why the discounting is going on.

Corsair already released their 133X speed SD cards and they rock, and have a free USB drive promo. I suspect they will do this for their upcoming 2/4/6 GB cards.

This IS a great deal, but probably because they want to move stock before Corsair enters the market with the higher speed cards.

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2005, 06:36:16 PM »
just wait until after the new cards  hit the market and get some of the older CF cards for 50 bucks... glad i didn't pull the trigger on buying a  card in early July when I put a deposit on the recorder.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2005, 07:07:28 PM »
I actually bid on a busted ipod mini just for the small drive in it.  Would be killer to get a 4gb for 20 bucks!   ;D

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2005, 07:23:36 PM »
Cool deal.. I was very tempted but I'm going to wait after reading this.. Of course I also read that Apple is buying around 40% of samsung's flash production for ipods. That could drive prices up 

More than likely it'll only drive prices lower, as it'll lead to increased production and lower costs.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2005, 09:24:09 PM »
Cool deal.. I was very tempted but I'm going to wait after reading this.. Of course I also read that Apple is buying around 40% of samsung's flash production for ipods. That could drive prices up

More than likely it'll only drive prices lower, as it'll lead to increased production and lower costs.

kinda why im holding out for now, and besides that, im not 100% sure ,y playback can even do 24-bit

i believe it can but how do i tell ???
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2005, 07:26:50 AM »
kinda why im holding out for now, and besides that, im not 100% sure ,y playback can even do 24-bit

Good point. I just got a new CD player (NAD C521BEE), so I did the following: Pulled out my Wilco 06/11/05 recording on CD and DVD (the show was recorded at 24/48) and compared the two. The CD sounded a whole lot better than the DVD which I played back on my Pioneer 434. Bottom line: I need to take care of playback system first, i.e. get a better DVD player. Otherwise the whole 24bit thing doesn't make that much sense to me.

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2005, 08:08:50 AM »

Good point. I just got a new CD player (NAD C521BEE), so I did the following: Pulled out my Wilco 06/11/05 recording on CD and DVD (the show was recorded at 24/48) and compared the two. The CD sounded a whole lot better than the DVD which I played back on my Pioneer 434. Bottom line: I need to take care of playback system first, i.e. get a better DVD player. Otherwise the whole 24bit thing doesn't make that much sense to me.
NAD T524 sounds good.
Shitty handling of groups on DVD-A though. (it is no direct CD player replacement)

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2005, 09:35:26 AM »
NAD T524 sounds good.
Shitty handling of groups on DVD-A though. (it is no direct CD player replacement)

Interesting, because that's the one I was going to get. I didn't think it was out yet. Do you have one?

Offline MoFo2

• Taperssection Regular
  • Learning how to tape
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2005, 10:11:53 AM »
So this device is the thing to have when it comes to stealthing? I considered a JB3, but as my taping knowledge is severely lacking and the JB3 is a bit bulky, this seems like a recorder sent from heaven. Hopefully I can purchase one for the next time U2 tours in Europe.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2005, 10:15:13 AM »
So this device is the thing to have when it comes to stealthing?

We'll find out once it ships and people start using it.  For now, no one really knows, though many of us have high hopes.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2005, 05:09:47 PM »
IMO...though its way bigger than the flashtracker will be, the Oade mod marantz 660 is the box to stealth with.
especialy if you have actives.  damn..it sounds fucking great.
I pulled an XY recording of a mono PA and it sounds like ORTF !  talk about soundstage.

sorry to be so off topic.
Can't wait for the flashtracker.
:)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.098 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com