Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3  (Read 71599 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Re: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3
« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2006, 01:44:26 PM »
i've yet to get any file to play back completely on the mt.  some will play for 30 mins, some will play for 5, some won't go longer than 5 seconds.

the file keeps playing, just no audio.  the files are always fine tho.  just sucks that you can't listen to it on the way home in your car.

Ditto, audio out always cuts out ~20-30 min for me, though the display shows that it is still playing and the level meters are bouncing.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline sparkjockey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2006, 10:01:38 PM »
i've yet to get any file to play back completely on the mt.  some will play for 30 mins, some will play for 5, some won't go longer than 5 seconds.

the file keeps playing, just no audio.  the files are always fine tho.  just sucks that you can't listen to it on the way home in your car.

Ditto, audio out always cuts out ~20-30 min for me, though the display shows that it is still playing and the level meters are bouncing.

Same here  :-\

Offline ChrisF

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2006, 12:14:23 AM »
just wanted to mention that i am having the same problems with the newest firmware.

i taped 5 breakfast shows since the firmware upgrade. the microtrack only worked for 2 shows of the 5 flawlessly. all were 24/44.1 except the 2nd show that came out ok, that was 16/44.1. we were in flagstaff and i taped the opener and both breakfast sets just fine that night.

on 2 nights the microtrack just turned off after about an hour to 70 mins into second set. in san diego the microtrack turned off on its own during both sets and my microdrive turned out to be empty at the end of the night. i was pissed because the other taper lost the first set and a friend of mine sat in with the band for first set.

i also had some problems since the update where it would freeze while writing a file. didnt happen saving a live recording, but it did happen before the flagstaff show while i was setting up. i got scared, so i switched from 24 bit to 16 bit because i wanted to take as few risks as possible that night because there were guest sit ins that also needed to be taped and i was the only taper in the house. plus i was shooting video that night and i wanted a separate audio source for it.

i am not happy with m-audio right now. i had some minor issues with previous firmwares, but nothing like this. the microtrack is not reliable at all. fortunately there were tapers in the house when i had problems, but we lost the 1 set of the tour that i really wanted taped.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:24:25 AM by ChrisF »

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2006, 11:31:15 AM »
just wanted to mention that i am having the same problems with the newest firmware.

i taped 5 breakfast shows since the firmware upgrade. the microtrack only worked for 2 shows of the 5 flawlessly. all were 24/44.1 except the 2nd show that came out ok, that was 16/44.1. we were in flagstaff and i taped the opener and both breakfast sets just fine that night.

on 2 nights the microtrack just turned off after about an hour to 70 mins into second set. in san diego the microtrack turned off on its own during both sets and my microdrive turned out to be empty at the end of the night. i was pissed because the other taper lost the first set and a friend of mine sat in with the band for first set.

i also had some problems since the update where it would freeze while writing a file. didnt happen saving a live recording, but it did happen before the flagstaff show while i was setting up. i got scared, so i switched from 24 bit to 16 bit because i wanted to take as few risks as possible that night because there were guest sit ins that also needed to be taped and i was the only taper in the house. plus i was shooting video that night and i wanted a separate audio source for it.

i am not happy with m-audio right now. i had some minor issues with previous firmwares, but nothing like this. the microtrack is not reliable at all. fortunately there were tapers in the house when i had problems, but we lost the 1 set of the tour that i really wanted taped.

I went back to 1.2.3. All seems fine now. I would wait for a more stable firmware. Some people have no problems with 1.3.3, but obviously alot do.  :)
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »
I hope Everyone who has had problems with the new firmware has filed a bug report.

M-audio is dragging their feet on fixing this serious issue and only lots of reports will push them.  These bugs are gettin' old...

Offline coloartist

« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »
I hope Everyone who has had problems with the new firmware has filed a bug report.

M-audio is dragging their feet on fixing this serious issue and only lots of reports will push them.  These bugs are gettin' old...

Bug report sent!
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #291 on: April 12, 2006, 01:11:57 PM »
I also went back to 1.2.3 and have had no issues since.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline coloartist

« Reply #292 on: April 12, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »
I have only recoreded one show since going back to 1.2.3. It went flawlessly as mine were going before I upgraded.
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       

Offline ChrisF

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2006, 05:52:53 AM »
ill have to go back to the old firmware.

i taped a show tonight and the recording stopped once during first set. then i started it up during setbreak. it stopped on its own again about 20 mins later. i started it up and it stopped on its own more than 10 more times. i kept starting it up again just for laughs and see how many times it would die. then my friend did it at least 5 more times after i walked away. i had 3 video cameras in the house, so i was hoping i could get some uncut audio for at least a few songs in the second set, but the microtrack couldnt even do that.

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »
ill have to go back to the old firmware.

i taped a show tonight and the recording stopped once during first set. then i started it up during setbreak. it stopped on its own again about 20 mins later. i started it up and it stopped on its own more than 10 more times. i kept starting it up again just for laughs and see how many times it would die. then my friend did it at least 5 more times after i walked away. i had 3 video cameras in the house, so i was hoping i could get some uncut audio for at least a few songs in the second set, but the microtrack couldnt even do that.

Wow, crazy. I am glad the one show I recorded using 1.3.3 came out ok as I was running no backup at the time. I went back to 1.2.3 immediately after with all these reports of freeze-ups.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »
Can someone give me the link for the 1.2.3 because I can only see 1.2.0 and 1.1.5 in this link from M-Audio:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&k=driver&b=1&s=6&p=196cc4c35a380d800a80448f139bcfe7&o=15

Planning to go back to 1.2.3

Thanks
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2006, 04:30:23 PM »
Found it! Thanks
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2006, 10:02:35 PM »
I spoke with a very knowledgeable dealer yesterday that advised me that there are problems with one out of every three Microtrack recorders due to the extremely small and complex board size that it uses.  He said all of the issues are simply bad boards and has nothing to do with firmware.  I concur that the firmware would work for everyone assuming that their hardware all was in good working order which apparently they all can not calim to be in.

I have yet to have any difficulty running the v1.3.3 firmware with spdif input at either 34/44.1 or 24/96.  I have allowed for both auto file split on one recording which went just as it is outlined to do.  All others have had manual file splits when required for the 24/96 recordings always performed during the band introductions.  All of the 24/44.1 recordings allow for a seamless recording of up to two hours and five minutes on my 4 GB CF card.

I would insist on M-Audio exchanging the unit for another piece which haas been tested by them rather then expecting the firmware to fix any iussues which you may have a this point.  If everyone were collectively experiencing the same problems on all of the recorders then we could asume it to be a firmware issue however this is not the case!!!   Has anyone been able to get their device exchanged and if so has it corrected the problems which you were experiencing?

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2006, 09:25:40 AM »
Wow, crazy. I am glad the one show I recorded using 1.3.3 came out ok as I was running no backup at the time. I went back to 1.2.3 immediately after with all these reports of freeze-ups.
I never had freeze-ups so far.
I used the Mt lightly but mostly with 1.3.3..
But that is without S/PDIF and without external batteries.
Works OK although I miss the Sony D7/D8/D100/M1 level knob with a wide range of adjustment.
Also battery time appears to be somewhat short (got just over three hours last night using just 1/4").

Offline JoeKiller

• Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #299 on: April 14, 2006, 10:00:22 AM »
I would insist on M-Audio exchanging the unit for another piece which haas been tested by them rather then expecting the firmware to fix any iussues which you may have a this point.  If everyone were collectively experiencing the same problems on all of the recorders then we could asume it to be a firmware issue however this is not the case!!!   Has anyone been able to get their device exchanged and if so has it corrected the problems which you were experiencing? 

So do we really feel like if we start exchanging these things it'll get better?  I hate MT cutoffs.  Mine did it with 1.3.3 about  1 hour 5 minutes into a 16 bit recording.  Then some more in probably 15 minute increments. 

I'm willing to do it, if that fixes the problems. 

Perhaps we should do a poll like, does your microtrack record without suckage (aka cutting off):
Yes
No
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com