Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3  (Read 71601 times)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »

Things I have noticed when I have problems:
Usually its after I started another file, so I try to do one file per CF card and only after a format.
Usually cuts off when I forget to set the hold button immediately.

My question: Is this problem while using S/PDIF in? The only time I have noticed this problem is while using S/PDIF in, if the signal is not reaching the MT prior to the record button being turned on. I had that issue, but once I defined it, I just make sure everything is on before I hit record, and I have no problems.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2006, 07:52:46 PM »
How y'all doin? I went back to 1.2.3, no freeze ups in a few sessions. One show went close to 2 hours.

I guess if freeze-ups are due to the circuit board (see pg 21), it is probably a moot point, since I probably have an ok board given that I have never had a freeze so far, but just thought I'd check in.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 07:54:35 PM by BC »
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2006, 08:54:59 PM »
well, its been almost 2 months, i wonder if we'll get an update in may?  that'd be cool.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »
How y'all doin? I went back to 1.2.3, no freeze ups in a few sessions. One show went close to 2 hours.

I guess if freeze-ups are due to the circuit board (see pg 21), it is probably a moot point, since I probably have an ok board given that I have never had a freeze so far, but just thought I'd check in.

I have taped 6 shows since going back to 1.2.3 . This is not a circuit board issue. It does not freeze up on 1.2.3 .
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2006, 03:29:05 PM »
well, its been almost 2 months, i wonder if we'll get an update in may?  that'd be cool.

What's really pathetic is that the last release was a total fiasco and they haven't rushed out a quick bug fix..  It's like they think the last release was a success.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED M-audio!!

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2006, 04:57:51 PM »

hey guys.  After 6 months with the MicroTrack, I lost my patience.  I'm sure the M-Audio will get around to fixing the issues, but there are other products that do what I need right now.  after factoring in the money I'd get from selling the MT, and the money I'd get from selling my D8 (which I was keeping as a back-up recorder), it was a no brainer for me.  I hope you don't all feel abaondoned by me  ;)  Overall, I'd say I had a positive experience.  I only lost one recording, and there was another taper there that night anyway.  and I was able to start recording at 24 bit, which kicks ass.  Good luck to you all.

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2006, 06:02:28 PM »

hey guys.  After 6 months with the MicroTrack, I lost my patience.  I'm sure the M-Audio will get around to fixing the issues, but there are other products that do what I need right now.  after factoring in the money I'd get from selling the MT, and the money I'd get from selling my D8 (which I was keeping as a back-up recorder), it was a no brainer for me.  I hope you don't all feel abaondoned by me  ;)  Overall, I'd say I had a positive experience.  I only lost one recording, and there was another taper there that night anyway.  and I was able to start recording at 24 bit, which kicks ass.  Good luck to you all.

So you went with this, huh? Now's it working? What are the dimensions?

HD-P2 I/O features:

XLR mic inputs with phantom power and analog peak limiter
Unbalanced stereo RCA I/O
S/PDIF digital I/O
Headphone output
Built-in mono microphone and speaker for desktop interview applications
Analog level controls allow easy operation without the need to look at the unit
FireWire interface for fast data transfer to a computer
HD-P2 Synchronization features:

SMPTE/LTC timecode input on locking XLR balanced jack
Timestamps Broadcast WAVE recordings from SMPTE input
Chase locks to incoming SMPTE timecode
Video clock input resolves to house clock
Tri-level sync support for HDTV applications
Includes Frame Lock, Lock and Release and flexible Freewheel settings for unpredictable timecode sources
Pull-up and Pull-down sample rates included for video format compatibility
HD-P2 Convenience Features:

Familiar tape machine-style layout and function
Angled screen for table-top or shoulder strap use
Large, uncluttered LCD display
Shortcut keys and LED indicators for frequently-accessed functions
Recessed Compact Flash slot
Runs on (8) readily available AA batteries or DC power adapter
Approximately 5.5 hours of operating time on battery power
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline L Ron Hoover

• "I figure the odds be 50/50"
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2006, 06:03:25 PM »
So, I haven't used my MT for three or four months, and now I pull it out to charge it for a show tonight, and it won't do a damn thing.
I charged it about a month ago, and all seemed fine. I'm really fricking steamed right now.

I suppose it's out of warranty as well.

OK Now it's charging. This thing can't hold enough charge to turn on for appx. one month?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 06:14:31 PM by L Ron Hoover »

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2006, 06:12:47 PM »
So you went with this, huh? Now's it working? What are the dimensions?

yes, I now have the HD-P2.  it'll get its first outing tomorrow night, although I Have transferred several DATs with it to get a feel for it.
I don't really want to take up much room in this MT thread talking about the HD-P2, so I'll refer you to this thread:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=62271.0
in the first post, I list the dimensions (and the dimensions of the PMD-671 and the Lunatec V3)

So, I haven't used my MT for three or four months, and now I pull it out to charge it for a show tonight, and it won't do a damn thing.
I charged it about a month ago, and all seemed fine. I'm really fricking steamed right now.

I'd leave it plugged in for a little while.  it might turn on after 10-15 minutes.  this has happened to a few people before as well.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2006, 06:14:53 PM »
I'd leave it plugged in and see if it doesn't come back.

I want to sell mine too, but I just spent a bunch of money on things I don't need, so hopefully maudio will get there shit together in the meantime.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline L Ron Hoover

• "I figure the odds be 50/50"
« Reply #325 on: April 27, 2006, 10:41:46 AM »
After all of my bitching yesterday, the thing worked flawlessly. No problems at all with 1.2.3. I still can't believe that battery wouldn't hold a charge for ~1 month.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #326 on: April 27, 2006, 10:50:34 AM »
the thing can't hold a charge for an hour.  I pull mine of the charger, go to a show, and when i turn it on there's already juice of the battery symbol.  i hate to be a negative nancy, but the battery in the thing sucks.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #327 on: April 27, 2006, 10:54:03 AM »
Interesting.. The mt worked well for me last night (v3 24/48 > mt 1.2.3). I forgot to throw it on the charger until very late in the day but it seemed fully charged when I plugged it in.  I can't recall when I last charged it but it had to be at least a week or two.  Maybe not every unit drains the battery?

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #328 on: April 27, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »
the thing can't hold a charge for an hour.  I pull mine of the charger, go to a show, and when i turn it on there's already juice of the battery symbol.  i hate to be a negative nancy, but the battery in the thing sucks.

I noticed that too.  Any idea what the thing is doing while the power is allegedly off?

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #329 on: April 27, 2006, 11:06:21 AM »
i think it has a life of its own.  mine is probably writing programs at the moment that will cause it to lock up and reset itself to defaults next time i use it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com