Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**  (Read 83736 times)

Offline MattinSTL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2005, 12:32:43 PM »
WiFiJeff... why don't you post a little pic of you holding your MicroTrack and giving us all the bird.

I'm beginning to wonder what the hell is up with this "release date of the 26th while you're telling us about the one you have in your hands there"...

Somebody is full of shit and I'm getting antsy for my MT... if there are dealers out there that have 'em!
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw myself sitting there with a glass of tap water, eating an oregano sandwich on a two week old hamburger bun... and the only thing going through my mind was, "God I love this new shotgun!"

Current mics: 480b/ck61/ck63/ck69, Rode NT1000, Oktava mk012 hyper/cardioid, MKE-2, D230, RE50.

Past mics: MKH-416, AT4073a, ME-66, NT2000, NTK, NT3, TR50, M-150, M58, ATR55, MS907.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2005, 01:48:58 PM »
WiFiJeff... why don't you post a little pic of you holding your MicroTrack and giving us all the bird.

:D

that would be funny...
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline MarkyMark

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2005, 09:02:46 PM »
Just got an email from Len at Core-Sound (or Crap-Sound if you wish) and they expect their first shipment to come in Monday or Tuesday and a second delivery later that week or early the following week. Good news!  ^-^

Offline MattinSTL

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2005, 12:22:18 AM »
I'm not gonna' believe ANYTHING until I SEE one.

I've been told that one would be on the way since the third week of August... and even LAST WEEK I was told I'd have one on the way by Wednesday (of last week) because they were to be in on Monday (of last week)... so until I see a pic of somebody giving me the bird I so justly deserve for my comments... I'm not believing it.

EDIT: THANKS for all the help and insights Jeff. ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 10:42:26 PM by MattinSTL »
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw myself sitting there with a glass of tap water, eating an oregano sandwich on a two week old hamburger bun... and the only thing going through my mind was, "God I love this new shotgun!"

Current mics: 480b/ck61/ck63/ck69, Rode NT1000, Oktava mk012 hyper/cardioid, MKE-2, D230, RE50.

Past mics: MKH-416, AT4073a, ME-66, NT2000, NTK, NT3, TR50, M-150, M58, ATR55, MS907.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2005, 01:29:43 AM »
Can the 1/8 input used as "line in" or only for microphone?

And how can i connect my DPA 4061 (microdot) to MT ?

thanx !  :)

I have been using the 1/4" for line-in, the manual p4 says the 1/4" TRS jacks accept microphone and line level signals and the 1/8" is for a mono or stereo electret mic.  This implies but does not absolutely state that you can't do line in on the 1/8".

I am using 4060 (microdot) into the MMA6000 preamp, then out with a cable from 1/8" stereo plug (MMA6000 end) to two (R/L) 1/4" plugs.  I have one of these from Sound Professionals (fat plug tops but fit nicely despite close spacing of the Microtrack 1/4" jacks), another I jury-rigged from a Radio Shack 1/8" stereo jack to (R/L) 1/8" plugs (made for airline headphone R/L jacks to adapt to normal stereo, with 1/8" to 1/4" adapters on each channel. 

Jeff

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2005, 03:20:46 AM »
I have been using the 1/4" for line-in, the manual p4 says the 1/4" TRS jacks accept microphone and line level signals and the 1/8" is for a mono or stereo electret mic.  This implies but does not absolutely state that you can't do line in on the 1/8".
The manual is confusing.
It writes about a 1/8" mic in but also has:

17. L/M/H Switch: Sets the operating mode of the 1⁄4” TRS and 1/8” inputs. Use the ‘L’ position for line-level devices. The ‘M’ position
should be used when recording from microphones. The ‘H’ position uses a higher gain stage on the 1⁄4” TRS inputs, which can
help when recording quiet signals or using microphones with low output levels. The ‘H’ position does not boost the input gain of
the 1/8” input.

So?  ???

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2005, 01:56:49 PM »
I think stricty reading that paragraph in the manual implies that you can use mic or line in on both the 1/4" and 1/8" inputs, but you can only go to 'H' on the 1/4" inputs. I believe the manual also discusses another gain boost stage that is available via the menu and also only acts on the 1/4" inputs. However, needless to say, that paragraph is a bit ambiguous, and we all know that what it SAYS and WHAT IT DOES might be different until someone actually experiments with it.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2005, 02:17:12 PM »
as posted in PenComputingAudio@yahoogroups.com

Our first shipment of M-Audio's MicroTrack 24/96s has arrived!

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com
Home of PDAudio

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2005, 03:53:12 PM »
just got an email from Frank at Cascade saying the first 10 are due tomorrow and the rest of the shipment later this week.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2005, 04:13:54 PM »
i guess i am not in the first 10.

oh well, i hope it makes it here next week. i need to order some CF cards anyhow.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
I got the email as well. Gave up my spot, though, as I don't have anything until Thursday of next week. Hopefully someone that needs it ASAP will get the chance.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline pjdavep

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2005, 04:20:23 PM »
I got the email as well. Gave up my spot, though, as I don't have anything until Thursday of next week. Hopefully someone that needs it ASAP will get the chance.

I gave up my spot as well, since I have nothing to tape until late October and I have to send my mics to DPA to have microdots reattached.  I'd love to play with it, but figure someone may be able to tape something this weekend.

Later,
   pjdavep
Recording: DPA 4061s > DPA MMA-6000 > R-09

Playback office: Denon 2200 > Grace 901 > Sennheiser 650's (all Cardas cabling)
            home: Onkyo SP-800 > Denon 887 > Odyssey HT-3 SE > Von Schweikert VR-2  (Kimber Select IC's and Bifocal XL spkr cables)

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2005, 04:20:41 PM »
 :realhappy:

Mine should be here Thursday. ;D  Too much of a cheapskate I guess for overnight, so I took 2-day.  I don't really have anything until Sunday for a Yonder, et al benefit show, but I might as well have a few days to play with it.  Got another friend who will probably be using it for Metheny on Tuesday if it seems to be reliable.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2005, 05:08:52 PM »
mann.. I guess I am not one of the first 10. :(

Wait, shouldn't I get top priority since I am local? heheh

I need to swing by there tomorrow anyway, I'll inquire about the next shipment.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2005, 05:46:59 PM »
I got an email from Frank, I'm in the first 10  ;D
gonna give him a call in the next few minutes, hopefully it can be here on Thursday for the next Club d'Elf show (and hopefully it'll work.  I'll be running my D8 analog out for backup fo sho)

;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com