Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RockBox Settings  (Read 20219 times)

Offline petur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
Re: RockBox Settings
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 01:54:32 PM »
I don't record analog into the iRiver, and could just find this out myself, but:  If you set the Safety Clip Level @ 24db would that not make it so you couldn't accidentally set your actual gain setting above 24db?
Yes, that is of course true... point taken ;)

(The real reason I posted was to see if you would address Chris Church's question about gain over on the Team iRiver thread.  +T in 12)

I'm already on my way ;)
Can you point me where that is?
nevermind....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 02:02:58 PM by petur »

Offline waltmon

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 03:26:02 PM »
...How hot can you run the 120 without clipping?  I have been experimenting with he analog in and it seems like it can handle a fair amoount of heat. I haven't had a chance to use it" in the field" yet.
KM140's, KM150's, U89's, Mixpre-10T II, 788T, F3

CA-14 > UBB > Tascam DR-2D

1 pound non-sequential $50.00 bills

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 04:01:29 PM »
gloco-I own Church Audio battery box and mics.

Can I preset all of my recording settings so I just have to press record?

Should I use prerecord?

Here's what I do:

At home before show, I set the iriver to boot to recording screen at startup.

Then set to record to wav / 44.1, line in. AGC MAX to 24 and gain setting to 20.  Make sure safety-clip is set for AGC mode.   

Then save configuration and reboot twice.  Once to save settings and once to check I got it all right. 

Then at the club start up to rec screen with gain set to 20 automatically, press record or play and enjoy.

I have run a h320 no optical capibility, so that is an extra step for you also.

Offline P-Man

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 04:29:24 PM »
So is prerecord useful or no?

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 04:43:59 PM »
Yes, pre-record is useful. Set it at 30 seconds.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
It is my understanding that pre-record stores the information in the RAM.  Once you hit record it will write the stored information to the disc.  I have not used the function much, but the one time that the band quickly comes on stage and starts into a song without tuning I will wish I had.  Almost a no-brainer now that I think about it  ;D
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline gambra

• Taperssection Regular
  • Noise aficionado.
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »
Realistically, how many hours recording on an iRiver H120 could someone get in a day with no charge (presuming the battery is full)? I don't really want to have to wander around the venue looking for a plug  ;D
Rig: Edirol R-09

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 08:29:20 PM »
Realistically, how many hours recording on an iRiver H120 could someone get in a day with no charge (presuming the battery is full)? I don't really want to have to wander around the venue looking for a plug  ;D

Put a fresh 2200 mah battery inside and you should be able to get 10-12 hours.  If your running the stock 1300 mah battery it is going to depend on the age & number of times it has been charged (think 4-6 hours).
AUDIO:

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline gambra

• Taperssection Regular
  • Noise aficionado.
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »

Put a fresh 2200 mah battery inside and you should be able to get 10-12 hours.  If your running the stock 1300 mah battery it is going to depend on the age & number of times it has been charged (think 4-6 hours).

Dang. The iRiver I just got was second hand but well looked after. I could prob get away without charging it the first day of the festival anyway.. Thanks for the info though. If I wanted a new battery, what'd be the best way to search for them on ebay?
Rig: Edirol R-09

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 09:51:19 PM »

Should I use prerecord?

Here's what I do:

Then set to record to wav / 44.1, line in. AGC MAX to 24 and gain setting to 20.  Make sure safety-clip is set for AGC mode.   

Then save configuration and reboot twice.  Once to save settings and once to check I got it all right. 

Then at the club start up to rec screen with gain set to 20 automatically, press record or play and enjoy.

What should Safety Clip be on?  0dB?  I can't seem to get my 120 to keep the settings.

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 10:46:46 PM »
If I wanted a new battery, what'd be the best way to search for them on ebay?

Search for a 2200mah battery for the 1st & 2nd generation iPods.  You can pick one up for around $15.  Before you install it in your iRiver make sure to reverse the polarity (switch the red & black wires on the molex connector that plugs into the iRiver's motherboard).  Check out the FAQ thread for more info.
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 12:13:42 AM »

Should I use prerecord?

Here's what I do:

What should Safety Clip be on?  0dB?  I can't seem to get my 120 to keep the settings.

Did you start the player twice?  Some settings don't seem to take until restarted again....

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 02:32:05 AM »
Search for a 2200mah battery for the 1st & 2nd generation iPods.  You can pick one up for around $15.  Before you install it in your iRiver make sure to reverse the polarity (switch the red & black wires on the molex connector that plugs into the iRiver's motherboard).  Check out the FAQ thread for more info.
A small warning regarding those cheap ipod batteries: I recently had my h340 almost killed by one. It had inflated and was leaking fluid.
It may have been just my bad luck of course...
If possible, find one that explicitly mentions iriver h1x0/h3x0 or just cross your fingers.

Offline kuuan

• Taperssection Regular
saving recording settings in RockBox
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 03:11:28 AM »
Did you start the player twice?  Some settings don't seem to take until restarted again....

saving + restarting 2x doesn't seem to do it for my iHP120 though..i can't get my recording settings saved.
how to...?

thank's
kuuan

edit: got my settings saved now!
I wonder though...
to 'save' the settings - before restarting - usually one simply must push the middle 'go up' resp. 'turn off' button, yes?
If I remember right I did that when my savings, after 2x rebooot, turned out not to be saved, and the settings did get saved when I first, before reboot, once pushed the A/B button....?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:43:41 AM by kuuan »
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.
These impressions create tendencies, their sum total is your character.
gear: SP-CMC8+AT853 cards+omnis, AT822>DIY preamp>iRiverH120rockboxed

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 04:03:49 AM »
1) to get settings accepted, you must press navi on the setting, using only 'left' will back out again without changing (just thought I should mention it)

2) unless you're running an older build, settings get written to disk the moment the disk spins up, a disk spinup is forced on shutdown if settings are pending. There used to be a bug in there, so use the most recent build you find....

3) if you're unsure, you can view/edit the config file: .rockbox/config.cfg all the settings have names that can be understood easily. You can make .cfg files that only contain settings you want changed and save those files in some place. Running them will load those changes (this is a nice way to quick-switch between setups)

if you're still having issues, let me know....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com