Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RockBox Settings  (Read 20218 times)

Offline kuuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: RockBox Settings
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 04:35:31 AM »
thank's a lot Petur for your reply!

1) to get settings accepted, you must press navi on the setting, using only 'left' will back out again without changing (just thought I should mention it)

thank's for mentioning, I had pressed the navi button ( that is, if the Navi button is the centre button of my cursor..I use the H120, not H3xx as you do ) But I just tried again, if I simply turn it off ( after choosing settings + 1x navi button ) rebooting once or twice the settings will not be saved. If, after setting + pushing Navi button I once also push the A/B button and reboot then the settings are saved!

2) unless you're running an older build, settings get written to disk the moment the disk spins up, a disk spinup is forced on shutdown if settings are pending. There used to be a bug in there, so use the most recent build you find....

the version info appears on startup for such a short time, but I believe I made it out to be:  07/01/02 - 0747
BTW, how to view the version other then during start up?

3) if you're unsure, you can view/edit the config file: .rockbox/config.cfg all the settings have names that can be understood easily. You can make .cfg files that only contain settings you want changed and save those files in some place. Running them will load those changes (this is a nice way to quick-switch between setups))

So I can save various custom settings and then fast access them? - This is VERY good indeed. In my version I found 'write .cfg file' at the 'manage settings' ( not inside .rockbox ), succeeded in putting a name for my file but could not get it saved...so..after writing a name, how to save it? ( sorry, but I never have learned to navigate the more advanced options of rockbox yet..)

if you're still having issues, let me know....

thank you very much for the offer Petur, I just did....

best regards ( and T+ )
kuuan
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.
These impressions create tendencies, their sum total is your character.
gear: SP-CMC8+AT853 cards+omnis, AT822>DIY preamp>iRiverH120rockboxed

Offline kuuan

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 05:10:53 AM »
have got it now:

At 'manage settings>write .cfg files', push the 'play' button to save the current settings as a .cfg file which then can be seen under 'manage settings>browse .cfg files' as config01.cfg file

Connectd the player to the PC and rename the file to your liking, set other presets with their respective names in the same fashion.

To load the saved settings choose your set at 'mange settings>browse .cfg files pushing the enter/navi button.

BTW, do you know if there is a way to rename the files right on the H120 without having to connect to the PC?

( Petur I just edited this post while your answer arrived, I hope you don't mind )

thank's
kuuan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:28:28 AM by kuuan »
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 05:56:59 AM »
heh, I actually do this rarely on the device itself. The cfg files are really simple text files, do I copy and edit on the PC ;)

on my h340:
- rec = backspace
- arrows = move around on keyboard
- navi = put character
- play = accept

when writing, is should briefly show a splash that the settings were written.

It should really be saved in /.rockbox - I just tried myself here.... You can then edit the file on pc and only keep the relevant lines, the names should be fairly obvious, but I can always look up and list them here if required

Offline kuuan

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 06:03:31 AM »
thank's petur, I kind'a got it figured out now ( had edited my last post describing my failure to reporting the success while you wrote your answer )

had refered to the manual for further help, found under: 'advanced topics 10.3.2: Specifications for .cfg files', see: http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-h100/rockbox-buildch10.html#x13-20700010

thank you so much,
kuuan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:08:55 AM by kuuan »

Offline kuuan

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 10:11:51 AM »
BTW, do you know if there is a way to rename the files right on the H120 without having to connect to the PC?

got that figued out now:
in 'write .cfg file' push the rec. button, that deletes letters of the file name starting at the end of it where the cursor is at ( I did not figure out yet how to simply return the cursor to the left to change the filename without loosing the already written .cfg )
then 'write' your file name of choice ending in .cfg
push the play button to save
access you preset configurations in 'browse .cfg files'

cheers,
kuuan

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »
Something I've wondered about. The old .cfg files used to be really long and covered many settings. The .cfg file for the lastest REP version of Rockbox for iHP-1xx are very short. Why is that? Would there be a problem write the longer .cfg files, now?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »
I'd have to check to be 100% sure but I think the current code only writes the settings that are different from default...

Offline Chuck

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
I'd have to check to be 100% sure but I think the current code only writes the settings that are different from default...

Ah... that's probably it. +T, petur!

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000

Offline P-Man

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »
So is it PCM Wav I want?

Offline Chuck

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2007, 07:21:22 PM »

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 02:57:34 AM »
2GB file limit in FAT32 formatted discs, and at WAV at 44.1 it will be a bit more than 3 hours.
Yes it does, you have to set it to start a new file when it closes the 2GB file.

shaggy please stop talking nonsense! T-

Ouch, that smarts....a negative T from Petur! 

With all due respect, Petur, I would stop talkin' non-sense if I were speaking nonsense but it says right here in the rockbox archive:

The file size limit for recording in Rockbox will be 2 GB per file. (This is a limitation imposed by the FAT32 file system.)

With the start new file feature engaged, it will do continuous 2GB files one right after another, so I am not sure about the 'nonsense' I was spouting.

No hard feelings, eh?  I feel a little sensitive as I have made a few RB developers mad with some comments on the RB forums and misticriver forums.  I certainly appreciate all that you and others have done to provide a wonderful 16bit bucket and all in one solution for the taping community. 

SO, +T to YA! 

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 03:55:13 AM »
With all due respect, Petur, I would stop talkin' non-sense if I were speaking nonsense but it says right here in the rockbox archive:

The file size limit for recording in Rockbox will be 2 GB per file. (This is a limitation imposed by the FAT32 file system.)

With the start new file feature engaged, it will do continuous 2GB files one right after another, so I am not sure about the 'nonsense' I was spouting.

The line in italics is correct, there is a file size limit of 2GB (but file size limit != recording size limit)

Where did you find the line after that (With the start new file feature engaged...)? Because that is what I was refering to as nonsense: there's no such 'feature' to start a new file, it is always done automatically....

Anyway, I shall give you your ticket back ;)

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 04:08:23 AM »
Well, I just said ouch because I can rub people (with my cluelessness) the wrong way....I just didn't expect it to be you!  So, it will start a new file no matter what?  I thought there was some setting that needed to be engaged for a new file to be started once the file limit was reached?

Seriously Petur, you have no idea how big of a rockbox fan I am.  It has saved me from taking the plunge into all-in-one box land and spending a fortune on that rather than on mic capsules!

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »
Yes, it will always start a new file automatically no matter what except if the disk is full of course

There are settings to change this behaviour:
- triggering: you can have rockbox start/stop recording based on a certain input level
- filesplit options: you can have rockbox start a new file based on filesize or time

but in the end, if it reaches 2GB it starts a new file anyway...

Offline P-Man

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »
Ok, so the volume doesn't matter? (mine's currently at -25db)

My AGC Safety says 4db even though I set it for 24db...?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com