Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audio room pics, revisited  (Read 82605 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: audio room pics, revisited
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2009, 10:13:17 AM »
nice Todd! that looks great
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2009, 12:46:43 PM »
figured it was time to put some new pics with some of the minor changes I have made...

from the stairs that led into the room

from my vantage point

Left VR-2 - biwired with anticables
Apple Airport express - one of the best purchases I have ever made

Right VR-2 - biwired with anticables
CD storage...all those drawers are full with studio releases
CD binders on top with burned discs

VR LCR-15 mounted on a shelf above the TV.  Made a world of difference in quality of sound vs below the tv.  Before, when sitting on the shelf below, it sounded thin.  Mounted above, it sounds much fuller

Arcam AVR-300
Denon 2900

XBOX 360
Oppo 981HD
Audio Magic Stealth

Vinyl collection
Nitty Gritty RCM under the turntable

Thorens TD-165
Target turntable shelf...made a huge difference with the sound from the table

my desk which sits at the end of the room.  Work from home quite a bit so routinely have my work and personal PC fired up. 

one of my favorite parts of the room ;D

only thing I would do differently is I would love to have this room in a basement as the sound wont be as prevalent in the rest of the house, but basements in the south are few and far between...

Offline Tim

« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »
looking really good nick, I like the turntable shelf. didn't know you had moved to a thorens
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Audio DeutchKraft & Busman Audio
    • F.M.Record Company
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2009, 12:55:51 PM »
very nice.  i just rewired my HT last night ill take some pics today.

todd e, love the cabinet built into the wall like that, any heat issues?  also is there access behind it, like a false back wall??  

Co-Founder of F.M.Recording 
SD: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Grace Lunatec V3 > Busman Hybrid R4
LD: ADK A-51TL MP > Busman Hybrid R4
+ 48 Channel Multi-track rig

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 2x Extender Mark III, Canon 15mm f2.8, Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon 100mm Macro f2.8, Canon 16-35mm L f2.8, Canon 24-70mm L f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm L f2.8 IS, Canon ST-E2, Canon 580ex II (x2), Canon 430ex II, PocketWizard PLUS II(x4), Radiopopper PX System

http://jmimna.com/

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »
looking really good nick, I like the turntable shelf. didn't know you had moved to a thorens

I got an absurd deal from craigslist a while back...$50 for it...had a guy tune it up and I liked the sound much better than the P1...not that the P1 wasn't solid, but the thorens just had a different sound which I liked...

Offline Tim

« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »

I got an absurd deal from craigslist a while back...$50 for it...had a guy tune it up and I liked the sound much better than the P1...not that the P1 wasn't solid, but the thorens just had a different sound which I liked...

yeah thats absurd ;D nice man, glad to see it went to someone who will appreciate it

Offline todd e

• ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2009, 07:59:09 PM »
very nice.  i just rewired my HT last night ill take some pics today.

todd e, love the cabinet built into the wall like that, any heat issues?  also is there access behind it, like a false back wall??  

i do have rear access in the form of (2) 4" circular holes for pass thru cables etc.  i'll probably make one more step and be done for a while, and that would be adding a small cpu fan behind the directv equipment.  thanks.

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »
i do have rear access

Whoa! Too much info, dude. ;) ;D
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
    • F.M.Record Company
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2009, 12:28:20 AM »
ok, finally took some pics tonight.  this is the home theater setup in my living room, not my main music listening area. (that is still being constructed...)
but keep in mind this is a work in progress too....

Gear:
Samsung 550 LCD TV
Pioneer DV-250 DVD player
Comcast HD-DVR (1080i best res)
Denon 3808
Audioquest Stealth 4 conductor speaker cables
Paradigm (x2) Monitor 9v3 floor standing loud speakers (Bi-Amped)
Paradigm CC350 center channel (timbre matched to the fronts)
Sony  SA-WM250 Sub
Bose (x2) 201 bookshelf speakers

to bad im horrible at picking matching componants.  it sounds better than it looks i swear.

i still need to cut a piece of wood for the Denon to sit on, but the foot of snow we got yesterday has my tools and wood stash buried.  it had to be moved out of the entertainment center because i was having issues with heat, this is the best solution i could find given the space i have to work with.

i did have my Paradigm PS-1200 sub up here but found it to be way to much for my mid-small living room, so moved it back down stairs to the man cave for now.  the Sony is more than enough and it gave us a slightly larger traffic area to the kitchen as well.  this was a big point in achieving WAF.

i love these speakers, and the 3808 pushes them with authority!  they are spiked and bi-amped.

naked

naked

the Denon makes bi-amping these easy.  i do need to invest in some banana connectors..but i love the Audioquest cables, they even have bass and treble written on the insulation of the conductors for optimal performance.   i love what this has done to the sound of my hi's and  mid's, but more so this has really brought out the low end dramatically in these speakers too, possibly the reason the Paradigm sub became over powering....

the weakest link in the chain right now is the Bose 201 rears, although im not unhappy really, they do just fine for all the more a rear is worked.

the Denon is an awesome unit that is very user friendly.  my favorite feature is the on screen GUI making use from the couch an effortless endeavor.  it is worth its weight in gold, and the bitch aint light.

motley crue anyone? ;D

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 2x Extender Mark III, Canon 15mm f2.8, Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon 100mm Macro f2.8, Canon 16-35mm L f2.8, Canon 24-70mm L f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm L f2.8 IS, Canon ST-E2, Canon 580ex II (x2), Canon 430ex II, PocketWizard PLUS II(x4), Radiopopper PX System

Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »

i do need to invest in some banana connectors..but i love the Audioquest cables, they even have bass and treble written on the insulation of the conductors for optimal performance.   i love what this has done to the sound of my hi's and  mid's, but more so this has really brought out the low end dramatically in these speakers too, possibly the reason the Paradigm sub became over powering....

Forget the banana connectors, what you have is great if you aren't swapping speakers all the time.  A lot of folks prefer using bare wire.

Your experience with bi-amping is the same as mine.  One of the best immediate improvements in sound I've had in my system.

The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
    • F.M.Record Company
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
good to know.  i was having issues finding them to fit anyway.  i really think the Paradigms are underrated, they shake my soul setup like this.

Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

Offline Tim

« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2009, 02:51:14 PM »
I want to hear those paradigms sometime.

for the record I use bare wire and I bi-wire. Are you using two amps and bi-amping or just bi-wiring?

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
    • F.M.Record Company
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2009, 03:18:29 PM »
the denon allows me to use 2 separate channels that would be zone 2 in a bi-amping setup, so this is the same as bi-amping with 2 separate amps right? 

anytime tim!  that is as long as your not opposed to entering boulder county. :P

Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

Offline Tim

« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »
Gotcha, yeah sounds like you're able to biamp. Very cool, bet it sounds good in there. Get that Denon off the sub and the vibrations, I bet it will help a lot.

Its Boulder County that is opposed to me :P ;)

I need to leave the house more often, we'll have to figure something out.

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
    • F.M.Record Company
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2009, 03:57:07 PM »
Gotcha, yeah sounds like you're able to biamp. Very cool, bet it sounds good in there. Get that Denon off the sub and the vibrations, I bet it will help a lot.

not sure where to put it.  as you can see i dont have much of an option.  i did have it inside the entertainment center but had heat issues.  the entertainment center hood used to have a partition with shelves that was the support for the roof, without it i dont dare put anymore weight up there.  so im out of places to put it..

time to move. :P

Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com